After making them I had a long thin strip of fabric leftover. The adorable little bus scene was on it and it was too cute to throw out but I wasn't sure how to utilize it. Then I had light bulb moment and realized it was the perfect size for a scarf!
I already had a remnant of purple fleece picked up on clearance a few years ago in my craft supplies that was perfect for the other side of the scarf, so warm and snugly for winter! My second grader waits outside for the bus to and from school so a fleece lined scarf will be very handy this winter.
The steps to making the scarf are so simple it's almost not worth the time to write them out but I'll jot down a few step.
- Cut two equally sized pieces of fabric, one out of fleece.
- Lay right sides together.
- Stitch on three sides: one short and both long sides of the fabrics. Leave one short side open for turning.
- With one short side open, turn the fabrics right side out and press.
- Fold down the open side of the fabric approximately one inch and press
- Top stitch around the entire perimeter of the scarf, this will close your last side.
- Press again and admire your new scarf.