Happy 14th Wedding Anniversary to My Husband Brad!
In honor of our 14 years as husband and wife I thought it would be fun to share 14 memorable moments! Listed in chronological (or close too) order:
- Driving cross county from MI to CA, TWICE! I'm glad you've relaxed the 4 am wake up calls and 12 hour driving schedule.
- Shopping for and furnishing our first apartment, still can't believe we fit so many Ikea boxes into that Ford Escort AND that we still have that Ford Escort!
- Exploring Yosemite and Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks, and yes, we will totally take the free bus service to trail heads from now on!
- Saturday mornings spent at the Farmer's Market picking up strawberries, flowers, and banana bread from Bake Sale Betty
- Maui for our Honeymoon and driving the Road to Hana + our romantic dinner luau
- The amazing trips we took around CA from exploring Santa Barbara, checking off another Mission off the list, to seeing Hearst Castle & eating pot pie at Linn's and so many more!
- Our Easter in Santa Fe while interviewing at Los Alamos. The dinner at KFC might just be one of our most memorable holiday meals!
- Finding two red lines, "No wait, it says to wait ten minutes!" Ah, yeah that second line isn't going to disappear.
- Holding each of our babies for the first time & watching them grow. Hearing the kids call out Mommy or Daddy and light up when they see us makes up for the times they are challenging, don't you think?
- Going from watching House Hunters to actually looking for one ourselves, especially since we were coming back "home", something I never thought would happen!
- Having our families with us for holiday celebrations again, it's so much nicer to have a full table at Thanksgiving than to just be the two of us like every other day.
- Disney World is so much more fun with children, I never would've guessed how into getting all the autographs you would be! You are one patient Daddy to visit so many princesses!
- Showing our kids what going up north means to a Michigander and how a pastie must be eaten anytime you're there!
- And since we just went, I'll end with the summer birthday trips we've started taking each year. I hope they become a regular thing and that as the kids get older we can go for longer. Chicago was so fun and even though you did implement the early wake up once again, I will admit that it did get us to the Field Museum early enough to feel like we had a private viewing of the dinosaurs!
Love you very much Brad and can't imagine life without you by my side, now and always ♥