This tasty, slightly sweet/tangy recipe will serve about 7-9 as a side dish.
- 1 pkg coleslaw
- 1 bunch green onions, diced, including stems
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 0.5 cup chopped almonds (lightly toasted), optional
- 1 pkg beef flavor ramen noodles with sauce packet
- 0.75 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 0.5 cup sugar or Splenda
- 1 sauce packet from ramen noodles, you can also us a combination of sesame oil and soy sauce to taste
- Mix coleslaw and green onions and place in serving bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients and set aside until ready to serve.
- Break ramen noodles into small pieces.
- Combine in a plastic bag the ramen noodles, sunflower seeds, and almonds. Shake bag to mix all dry ingredients.
- Just before serving, stir into the coleslaw, the sunflower seeds, almonds, and ramen noodles mix. Then add the dressing and stir.
Serve using a slotted spoon since the extra dressing tends to sink to the bottom of the serving bowl.
Shared At: Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace, Delicious Dishes at It's a Blog Party, Tuesdays at the Table at All the Small Stuff, and Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.