It's unfortunate that I have to resort to it, but it's not coming along naturally at all. Last summer she had some initial success and was doing really well for a week. Then she decided going on the big girl potty was not for her. It's pretty much stayed that way ever since, with intermittent potty usage but never anything regular.
We've tried most of the things friends, the doctor, books, and the Internet have suggested but if you've got any ideas that you don't see below I'd love to hear them.
Tried or Trying:
- using pull ups for about a year
- reward system
- asking her frequently and reminding her to go
- sitting with her
- using travel potty seat cover, her little tushie will fall right through otherwise
- providing "entertainment" like books for while she's using the potty
- reading potty books and watching potty DVDs with her
- switching to big girl cloth panties, haven't decided if I should use plastic seat covers too...opinions?
- bathroom check-off sheet
- sticker reward chart, to make it concrete
- continue reward system
- systematic bathroom checks, thinking about starting every half hour. Thoughts, too much?
- I've seen these pretty expensive potty training pants in the store. They're about eight dollars for three cloth panties with extra padding.
- Has any one used them?
- Do you use them and then still put plastic underwear covers over them?
- Or can you use regular panties with the plastic covers?
- Regular panties alone?
Don't forget to enter my Tiny Prints giveaway. You don't have to be on Facebook to enter and they really do have the most gorgeous invitations and cards! $50 will go a long way toward holiday cards, family stationary, or note cards!